Caring for Children Pathway:
- You must have at least 24 months of full time work experience in Canada as a home child care provider in the four years (48 months) before you apply.
- Full-time means at least 30 hours of paid work per week
- Breaks in employment are allowed (for example, periods of unemployment, long periods of sickness, parental leave)
- Any work experience you had while you were a full-time student will not count towards the work experience requirement.
- Your work experience as a home child care provider must meet the definition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411.
- Must have completed a minimum of one-year Canadian post-secondary education or an equivalent foreign education credentials (with ECA).
- Must meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5.
To find out if you qualify, click here.
* A maximum of 2,750 applicants will be accepted in this category.