If you are a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada you can sponsor your:
- common-law,conjugal or same sex partner
- dependent children
- parents and grandparents (only a maximum of 10,000 applications per year)
to immigrate to Canada.
If you sponsor a family member to immigrate to Canada, you must provide proof that you can:
- meet basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter for you and your family.
- support your relatives financially if necessary
- make sure that your spouse or any of your family members does not need to ask for financial support from the government.