Federal Skilled Trade
To be eligible, you must:
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organization (IELTS,CELPIP or TEF), demonstrating that the applicant meet the minimum threshold set by the Minister (Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing);
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience (30 hrs/wk for 12 months or 1,560 hrs.) or an equal amount of part-time work experience in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply.
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) and be able to provide proof of the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.
- Have an offer of full-time employment from up to two qualified employers in Canada for a period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.
To find out if you qualify, click here