Immigration Guide Canada

             "We care about your future"
At IGC,  rest assured that our immigration specialist is a licensed
 Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant ( RCIC ).R 512698

Federal Skilled Trade

Minimum Requirement

To be eligible, you must:

  • Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  • Provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language               testing organization (IELTS,CELPIP or TEF), demonstrating that the applicant     meet the minimum threshold set by the Minister (Canadian Language                     Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and                   writing);
  • Have at least two years of full-time work experience (30 hrs/wk for 12 months       or 1,560 hrs.) or an equal amount of part-time work experience  in a skilled           trade within the five years before you apply.
  • Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National               Occupational Classification (NOC) and be able to provide proof of the skills         and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the               occupation.
  • Have an offer of full-time employment from up to two qualified employers in         Canada for a period of at least one year or a certificate of qualification in that       skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.

To find out if you qualify, click here