Caring for People with High Medical Needs Pathway:
- You must have a minimum of at least 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the four years (48 months) before you apply in one of the occupations listed below:
- Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses (NOC 3012)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (NOC 3233)
- Nurse Aides, Orderlies, and Patient Service Associates (NOC 3413)
- Home Support Workers and related occupations (NOC 4412)
- Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week
- Breaks in employment are allowed (for example, periods of unemployment, long periods of sickness, parental leave)
- If you got your work experience as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse (NOC 3012) you must:
- Prove that you are licensed to practice in Canada
- Provide proof that you are registered with the regulatory body, as required, in your province/territory at the time you are applying.
To find out if you qualify, click here.
* A maximum of 2,750 applicants will be accepted in this category.