In your first few weeks you will likely need to:
- Explore your housing options.
- Explore your city or town and find about transportation options available.
- Shop for some gears for you and your family that is appropriate for the season.
- Learn how to make a call and access the internet.Know the national emergency telephone number 911.
- Register your child in School.
In your first few months:
- Improve your language skills.
- Look for a place to live.
- Get a driver's license.
- Look for a Family Doctor
- Have your child immunized.
- Apply for Canada Child Tax Benefit.
- Apply for a GST/HST credit.
- Find out more about the services available in your community.